// TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Organising an event requires a considerable amount of forward planning, time, risk and expense. Approximately 9 – 12 months prior to our events taking place, work begins and costs are incurred.
These include administrative, insurance, advertising, marketing, equipment, website and staff costs.
As an event draws nearer, we continue to incur costs, many in relation to the number of entrants in the event. From the moment we receive your entry we expend funds and apply them in good faith in relation to your entry.
The following ‘Terms & Conditions’ are set in place to ensure that we provide participants with safe and enjoyable events throughout the year.
1.Raceways Events CIC are the organisers of the event.
2. The event refers to any event listed on the Raceways website.
Conditions of Entry
3. By entering any Raceways event, all entrants agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.
4. Entrants are responsible for supplying accurate information during their event application process.
4.1 Entrants who supply incorrect information regarding age or date of birth will not be eligible for age group prizes.
4.2 Any changes to information supplied by the entrant must be emailed to the organiser at email@example.com two weeks prior to the event.
5. Entrants understand the level of ability required to compete in an event and will not hold the organisers responsible for any illness or injury as a result of their participation in an event.
6. Entrants agree to participate in any Raceways event at their own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever shall be attached to the event organisers, sponsors, venue or any other persons involved in the organisation of this event. The entrant takes full responsibility for any injury, accident, loss or damage (to person or property) suffered by the entrant during the event.
7. A confirmation of entry email will be sent via our online registration partner after an entrant has successfully entered an event.
8. The entrant is responsible for reading the details and description of the event as published on the organiser’s website and other relevant information regarding the event sent to you by the organiser.
Withdrawal, Refund and Transfer Policy
Raceways will endeavour to make sure we provide you with the event you entered, as with other events (cinema, gigs, festivals, sports etc) if after paying for them you have to withdraw, you will not receive a refund regardless as to the reason (injury, pregnancy, business, travel). However under certain circumstances we will be happy to transfer you to another Raceways event.
9. Entrants wishing to withdraw from any Raceways event must email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Entrants must request a withdrawal at least two weeks before an event. Entrants who make requests after these time constraints will not be considered for an event transfer.
11. Providing 9 & 10 are correctly fulfilled the organisers will defer your entry to the same event the following year or transfer your entry to another Raceways event worth the same amount or less than your original event.
12. Under no circumstances will entrants be allowed to transfer their entry to another individual
Cancellation/postponement and changes in of Events
If for any reason the organiser is forced to cancel an event refunds will not be given due to the costs incurred described in our terms and conditions above. However as all Raceways events are in aid of charity we will donate all fees to the charity Marathon Kids, (formally Kids Run Free) after incurred costs are allocated.
14. If an event has to be postponed for any reason, the organisers will notify you of the new date and venue of the rearranged event. These terms and conditions will continue to apply to the rearranged event. No refund will be given if you do not wish to participate in the rearranged event.
15. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the entrant’s participation in any event entirely at their discretion.
16. Arrangements for the event including venue, date and programme may be subject to change. The entrant will be notified of any changes prior to the date of the event.
17.On race day the entrant must abide by any rules or regulations set down by the governing body, event organisers or venue owners.
18. The entrant must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, officials, volunteers, spectators and organisers. If at any point the entrant behaves in a manner which is, in the organiser’s opinion, poor sportsmanship or risks the safety of others the entrant will be disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
19. The entrant is responsible for the safe keeping of their personal property and possessions. Neither the organiser nor the venue will take any responsibility for entrant’s property or possessions.
20. The organiser is not responsible for any third party organisations that may provide services at the event.
21. The entrant authorises the use of their name, voice and picture and any information provided on the event entry form for Raceways events to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising.
22. The entrant also agrees that the information provided may be used by the Event Organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the Event charity, race sponsors products and services.
23. The organisers have absolute discretion regarding the allocation of prizes
24. Prizes must be collected at the allocated prize giving unless otherwise stated.
Offers and Discounts
25. The organisers may run offers and discounts which may be available for a certain period of time.
26. The organisers can withdraw an offer or discount at any time for any reason.
27. No offers will be back dated or issued to competitors which have already entered
// GOT A QUESTION?